Here is the stuff I like to carry while traveling:
- Backpack: I don’t like rolly suitcases. The wheels add a lot of weight and rigidity. Backpacks are much better for me because they are more space-efficient, can fit anywhere (if jammed in well enough), can have tons of other stuff clipped onto them, and leave my hands free (which is extra helpful when traveling with my kids). Also, I just love the bright colors and look of these backpacks.
- Apple MagSafe Duo Charger to charge my iPhone and Apple Watch.
- Anker 60W 2-port USB-C charger
- Short power cord, which ensures a tight fit in well-worn airplane power outlets. Without this, the charger often falls out of the power outlet.
- Apple AirTag in each of my backpacks.
- SAF Aranet4 CO2 monitor because I like good ventilation.
- Apple AirPods Pro
- An HDMI cable if I want to use the hotel room TV as an external monitor.
- Workstation: For trips where I need to use a computer a lot, I’ll bring a keyboard, mouse, and mousepad. Tissue boxes make good makeshift laptop stands.
- Pants with zipper pockets (left, right, and back) so that stuff doesn’t fall out of my pockets. I love the Lululemon New Venture Pants, but they appear to be discontinued.
- Patagonia Houdini jacket, which keeps me warm and dry and is super lightweight and packable.
- Crocs Literide Clogs and proud of it.